Shopaholics Unite! Shopaholics Unite! Shopaholics Unite! Shopaholics Unite! Shopaholics Unite!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My first foray into Social Networking

My first foray into Social Networking was in December 2004. That was when I joined the community of Friendster. I cannot remember how I got to know of Friendster. For a long time, my list of friends on Friendster can be counted on one hand. Currently, I still have very few people on my Friendster list. I know there are some members who have hundreds of so-called friends on their list. Bummer! Then again, I know that there are some who would just ask any Tom, Dick or Harry to add them to their friends list. And I wonder…

So what is actually Social Networking?

Firstly, are you on Friendster, MySpace, Tagged, Multiply, hi5?

Seen videos on YouTube, Grouper, VideoEgg, Dailymotion, Fliqz?

Shared photos on Flickr, Photobucket, Shutterfly, Ringo?

Spruced up your photos on Slide, RockYou, PictureTrail?

Online bookmarked on Digg, Del.icio.us, Magnolia, Mister Wong, Technorati?

If you are doing any of these, you have dabbled with the tools of Social Networking. If you have not, or maybe have not even heard some of the mentioned sites, then you are not alone. Social Networking websites are booming and new ones come up so fast that many of us don’t even know they exist! Social Networking Hub endeavors to enlighten on the in’s and out’s of this fast-growing phenomenon. Hopefully, none of us will be labeled a Social Networking Dummy out there.

In future posts, we will look at the different categories of Social Networking websites out there. Learn how to take advantage of them to track down old friends, make new ones, pursue a hobby, keep up-to-date and be in the in-group.

Perhaps your opening line next time would be, “So, what is your favorite online pastime? Blogging, podcasting or online bookmarking?”

Cheers!

Leggless Bird

1 comment:

Ad Tracker said...

My answers were yes to quite a few of those but they all center around my blog which has introduced me to new people and given me a safe and semi annonimous outlet. - Tracker